Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Some pictures to share

For many years, for many months, for many weeks, and for many days
You have asked for a Blog post, or even just some pictures
As I was looking I came across two photos that aren't quite cliche
I am not doing this out of spite but just for a laugh not for peoples insight

Lets go back and see some things from the past
The good and the bad but lets just think
How much I would take to just go back to the days these pictures were taken and when time went to fast
Or how things use to look before you found out you had a handy man


For example the picture right above shows all the blue 
This is the kitchen I grew up in
How old and tacky, now we have something new
Time for new memories with the updated look all you did was give Ben a book

This also shows true colors of some
That being uptight isn't always fun
It's nice to get a laugh from things in your past
Also look at that there is no sun

Now there is just one more and then we can be done
This one is so much fun
I miss the times with these little ones
Just five weeks apart but they are just alike sometimes at heart 


Remember the times before flat top overs where in our homes
The times where we ran and played and didn't have phones
The times where time-outs and spankings were aloud
The days and nights when we would all hang out

I want these times back
I wish Thanksgiving and Easter were family times again too
When gas wasn't so high and we came to see you all the time
I miss the trips and even the long boring car ride

These pictures aren't to hurt
They are to remind that we all have our own ways
Threw everything family is all that matters at the end of the day
The saying is still true to the day "Home is where your heart is"

Tonight or tomorrow or even in a few weeks
When we both are missing our phone calls, coffe, tea, our brains and even the show Lost
Maybe we should take a minute to remember
We all are always home together because our hearts are never far apart

As tears run down my face now
Because I miss these times
I want you all to remember something
It isn't about the size of your heart, the blood in the family, or how much money you have it's about being there for one another

I love you,
Thank you for driving me so much about doing this and keeping on my back. Remember I am always home with you because in my heart you stay. 


1 comment:

  1. Alicia, words can't even begin to express how this has touched me. I love you as if you are my very own ~ well, you kinda are. I drive you because I love you. I demand from you because I love you. I push you because I love you. I rebuke you because I love you. I pray for you not only because I love you, but because I know as much as I love you, God loves you more! I am proud of you. I am proud of your accomplishments. I am proud to see you have an insight to your life. I am proud you respect your family and that you can so easily express your love for them. Stay focused on the road ahead. Pay attention to the map and don't make un-necessary exits. You can only go around once in this world ~ make sure it's a great circle! Our family's hearts are entwined as one ~ as it should be. Always remember that. And yes, you at home in mine ;).
    Love,
    MOM-MOM

    ReplyDelete